What is eCHIEF Internet Banking?
eCHIEF Internet Banking is a fully functional, Personal Computer (PC) based delivery channel that allows customers to access and research their accounts, transfer funds and place stop payment orders all within the comfort of their desktop, wherever and whenever that might be…at home, work or abroad. eCHIEF is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
What special equipment is required?
To use eCHIEF, you will need to have access to a PC with Internet access and a 6.0 version or higher of the popular Internet web browser software Microsoft; Internet Explorer; or Netscape Navigator; . For maximum speed and utility, we recommend that your PC have the following capabilities: Pentium; II (or comparable) processor operating at 450 MHz; 64MB Ram; 32 Bit System; 128 Bit Security Encryption; Microsoft; Windows; 98 or higher.
Is eCHIEF easy to use?
Yes! eCHIEF is very simple to use. From the beginner to the expert PC customer, eCHIEF has been designed with simple navigation techniques. In most instances, you will be able to gain access to and utilize eCHIEF with very little effort or instruction.
How do I sign up for eCHIEF?
You can apply for eCHIEF by downloading a .pdf application online, by obtaining an application at any of our locations, by calling us at (309) 787-7567 or you may also send an e-mail to us requesting an application for the service at info@ChoosetheChief.com. Please do not send private, confidential or sensitive information via email. However you apply, we will mail your default password and new user instructions to you.
How do I access eCHIEF?
Log on to the Internet and point your web browser to www.ChoosetheChief.com. Click on the Demo button for a personal preview of the system, or Click on the eCHIEF log in button, then enter your User ID and Password.
It’s that convenient & easy.
How long does it take to obtain a User ID & Password?
Your User ID and default Password will be mailed to you within seven (7) business days of our receipt of your approved eCHIEF Application & Funds Transfer Authorization Form.
What can I use eCHIEF for?
Currently, eCHIEF has the capability to provide you with the following information:
- Your current account balance and your account balance at the time of your last statement.
- Current presentments and the last deposit and the last check that have been posted to your account.
- Account activity (debits & credits) from the previous statement cycle through the current statement cycle.
- Transaction search query feature that allows you to perform account activity research by transaction type, date, amount or check number.
- Perform or schedule a transfer between accounts on a one-time or periodic basis. As an added convenience, each transfer is made with a confirmation receipt and number (including the date and time of the transaction) for your record keeping.
- Express Transfer feature which allows transfers between accounts with minimal navigation.
- If applicable, current interest rate information for your account, including accrued interest for the current period and interest paid year-to-date for the current and previous calendar years.
- Perform or schedule a loan payment from your account.
- Obtain pertinent loan information such as: your original principal balance, note date and maturity date; the outstanding principal and interest balances and estimated net payoff amount; your current interest rate and amount due; the daily interest per-diem; late charge balance (if applicable); the date of your next scheduled payment; the date and amount of the last payment posted to your account and the total interest paid on your loan for the current calendar year.
- Export transactions to popular software programs such as Microsoft Excel or Money, Lotus 123, Intuit Quicken (2004 or earlier) or Quickbooks.
- Perform or schedule a Stop Payment in a real-time environment.
- Pay bills via eCHIEF Bill Payment
- View and receive FREE eStatements
What is the fee to use eCHIEF?
eCHIEF is offered free of charge. You may also enjoy discounted banking services by using eCHIEF. For example, there is a $2.00 service fee to process a telephone transfer between accounts. Using eCHIEF, the same function is free.
How safe is it to use eCHIEF?
eCHIEF is protected by several industry tested and perfected firewalls and encryption methodologies so that your account information and User ID and Password used to access the system are completely secure and without concern. Additionally, the system is routinely tested for penetration to assure that no outside individual and/or entity is attempting to gain access to the servers where your vital information is stored.
If a potential threat would arise that the system has been compromised, our security protocol will disable the system instantaneously to prevent intrusion. We are very confident that you can use eCHIEF without concern for the security of your account records and information.
Does eCHIEF have a Bill Payment option?
Yes. The Bill Payment option is available through the use of eCHIEF Internet Banking, however, it is a separate function and requires a separate application. To learn more about Bill Pay, Click here.
How detailed of an account history is available using eCHIEF?
eCHIEF records will consist of a 60-day history of your account information with us.
You may view archived statements for at least
the past twelve months.
Can I export my transactions to my account management software?
Yes. eCHIEF transactions can be imported to Microsoft; Money; Excel; Lotus 123 or Intuit Quicken 2004 and earlier; or Quickbooks with the click of your mouse button.
Do you offer special products, interest rates and/or promotions for eCHIEF customers?
Currently, there are discounted bank services that are enjoyed by using eCHIEF. As system enhancements and capabilities allow, future products and services will be developed with emphasis on eCHIEF delivery at a reduced price.
Is eCHIEF available for my use at the Blackhawk branch I typically bank at?
eCHIEF is available at all of our locations for demonstration purposes only. For your security, we recommend that you use eCHIEF within the comfort of your own home or office.