Downpayment Plus® Program
The Downpayment Plus Program, offered by the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, is a matching program that provides down payment and closing cost assistance for income-eligible homebuyers. The assistance is provided in the form of a forgivable grant paid on behalf of the borrower at the time the borrower closes on mortgage financing. Grants are forgiven on a monthly basis over a five-year retention period.
Through the Downpayment Plus Program*, funds may be available to eligible homebuyers to use toward a down payment and closing costs. Ask one of our mortgage officers today about the Downpayment Plus Program to see if you are eligible.
Homebuyers must meet income eligibility requirements and:
- Contribute at least $1,000 to the purchase of the home
- Complete pre-purchase homebuyer education and counseling
- Live in the home as your primary residence
Contact one of our mortgage loan officers to determine if you qualify!
*DOWNPAYMENT PLUS IS A PROGRAM FROM THE FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANK OF CHICAGO. RESTRICTIONS APPLY. PLEASE SEE THE FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANK OF CHICAGO'S WEBSITE FOR COMPLETE REQUIREMENTS. "DOWNMPAYMENT PLUS" IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF THE FEDERAL HOME LOAN BANK OF CHICAGO.
We offer local credit cards!
Our cards come with local service and local payment options. Plus..
- ScoreCard Rewards - earn 1 point for every dollar spent. Redeem points towards merchandise, gift cards, and travel.
- Travel Accident Insurance.
- Auto Rental Insurance.
Choosing local = great service!
Choosing the Chief means your loan will be originated, processed and closed with your local Blackhawk Bank & Trust lender.
- We make timely credit decisions on your application
- We will service your loan locally, right here in the Quad Cities!
- Your monthly payments can be made at any Blackhawk Bank & Trust branch or can be automatically deducted from your account with us.